As we all know, there has been a big craze in Social Bookmarking lately. Because of this, I decided to keep up and make a list of the ones that I thought were good quality sites. I also have a seperate listing of Visual Social Bookmark websites. I will try to give as short of a description as I can as the list is fairly large. I also tried to keep the list down to the ones where you don’t have to sign up if you do not want.
Social Bookmark Websites:
- Del.icio.us: How can I not add this one. I see this one as the godfather of social bookmarking
- Del.lirio.us: Social Bookmarking, Tagging, Blogging & Notes. Mmmmmm, Notes.
- Simpy: Simpy also helps you find like-minded people, discover new and interesting sites, publish your bookmarks, detect and eliminate link-rot, etc.
- Linkroll: Collaborative web bookmarks and link blogs. This one recently added a Podcasting feature too!
- OpenBM: This a great clean social bookmark website that features “Cool Tabs” and a great community of bookmarkers.
- Scuttle: Online Bookmarks Manager. Very clean and almost always has something that I have not seen yet elsewhere.
- Digg: The very popular Digg. Digg is a technology news website that combines social bookmarking, blogging, RSS, and non-hierarchical editorial control.
- Squik: This is a great list of all the funny sites you come across on the web. Looks like its source is from Del.icio.us and just filters out the fun tags.
- Feedmarker: Feedmarker lets you bookmark items from the Web and read RSS and Atom feeds. It also lets you organize all your stuff (feeds and marks) using an open tagging system.
- Netvouz: Netvouz is a very appealing and organized social bookmarking website that I find my self visiting quiet often.
- CiteULike: CiteULike is perfect for students or anyone that wishes to learn something. It is an academic social bookmarking list.
- Blinklist: This one is one of my top favorite lists. Great results, and my favorite part is the use of AJAX with the next and previous buttons. Excellent.
- CommonTimes: A social bookmarking community for the latest news. I subscribe to the RSS for technology tag!
- MyProgs: This is a fairly new social bookmarking site that stays only on the topic of programs. It’s great to see what is the most popular software by looking at the most popular software.
- Bean Rocket: Bean Rocket is an awesome service where you can subscribe to RSS feeds and tag the posts that you like. On my A+ list.
- TagHop: Add your latest links and thoughts; read, rate & comment on others. Choose your friends, know what they are seeing – let them know what you find cool. Join communties with similar interests. Collaborate.
- Connotea: This is Connotea, a free online reference management service for scientists created by Nature Publishing Group.
- Unalog: Great social bookmarking site that allows you to search by person, tag, and even groups. You are able to become a member to the groups listed too!
- Jots: Jots is one of the first social bookmarking sites I have come across and I still love going to it because I have always found some of the best quality links here.
- Lookmarks: Social bookmarking list that seems to focus more onto the searching of bookmarks, which is definitely great.
- Shadows: “Make your own search engine and share it with others” with the use of tagging your bookmarks.
- DinnerBuzz: Dinnerbuzz is a social guide to restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. It’s designed to make it easier for you to find a place for dinner or drinks anywhere in the world.
- Linux Questions Bookmarks: LQ Bookmarks allows you to bookmark, tag, annotate and share links to Open Source and Linux related sites.
- SiteTagger.com: Social bookmarking using tags and scores to determine the position on the list. Browse by looking for “better” or “worse.” Neat.
Visual Social Bookmarking Websites:
- BlogMarks: BlogMarks is a popular visual bookmarking list that includes screenshots for almost every bookmark.
- Wists: free service designed to make it super easy to mine the web for its hidden treasures and store lists of links to them in a personal, online image gallery scrapbook.
- Hot Links: Very good social bookmark site that gives screenshots for the sites and are all the “Hot” items selected from a collection of websites.
That does it. Hope you find the right one for you! If anyone knows of any others or, even better, more Visual Bookmarking sites, drop me an email! Enjoy the list!